Friday, January 25, 2008

Tiny Terrariums for Everyone!

I don't even know if we're going to have favours at our wedding. It just seems like such a waste of money for something that will either be eaten or tossed out! A waste of money that could be better used elsewhere in our budget or a waste of money that could be donated towards a charity.

Then again, would it really be a waste of money if we were to give out TINY TERRARIUMS?!?



How cool is that? And do they not fit PERFECTLY with our outdoorsy theme?

I found the DIY over at cottageliving a while back and I just can't stop thinking about them. I realize they would be a HUGE undertaking, and I'd probably want to stab my eyes out by the end of it. But how amazing would they look on all the tables? Heck, we could even incorporate them into the decor as part of our centrepieces or something.

I mean, I have LOTS of time right? I could do a practice run to see how easy it is, and to see if they last longer than 2 days before dying right? RIGHT?

Or perhaps I'm just crazy?

:)

2 comments:

lilygal said...

Just wondering if you tried these and if they turned out???

An English Lady said...

Hey lilygal - I never did try and make the terrariums - time was short, and the thought of having to use tweezers to get everything into 60 of those christmas balls was a little overwhelming. I did end up making a few larger terrariums in vases for table decor, and they turned out great! My big concern was how far in advance I could make them, and how long I could keep them "healthy" for! I knew things would be hectic in the last couple of months (and they were!!) so I didn't think it was a good idea :) If you are making just a few - it might be fun though!