Friday, January 4, 2008

Project SeXXXy

Like many brides-to-be, I want to look beautiful on my wedding day! Now I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and beauty is a state of mind and so on and such forth, but for me personally, beauty also means feeling good about myself.

I don't know about you, but I tend to feel good about myself when I am working out and following a nutritious healthy diet; something I haven't excelled at lately. In fact, if I were to grade myself, I'd probably award a D- for my lack lustre efforts. Breakfasting on chocolate for the win!! Admittedly, I knew the month of December was going to be a complete bust, so I willingly threw myself off the wagon with a simultaneous promise of climbing back on come the New Year.

And so with the New Year began a New Assignment. A little task I like to call PROJECT SEXXXY! Unfortunately I can't take credit for such a fabulous title, and I can't give credit where credit is due as I don't know where I first read the caption. I know it was among the many wedding blogs I browse, and I know it was a term used by a bride-to-be with similar wedding day aspirations, but darned if I can find it now. So if I borrowed this title from you, please do let me know and I'll be sure to give you credit!

In the past I have done weight watchers with great success. But after I reached my goal weight, I had a very hard time sticking with the plan. They claim it's a lifestyle change, and that you CAN eat what you want, but that's just a big load of crap, at least in my case. Because eating two pounds of chocolate for breakfast does NOT fit into their plan!

Now I know that eating two pounds of chocolate doesn't really fit into any healthy lifestyle plan, but I realized after a while, that weight watchers created a bit of an unhealthy obsessive compulsive reaction to the foods I ate. Because of that, the passion for continuing the "lifestyle change" waned. The pounds crept back on. The "good feelings" started to slip.

And then I got engaged! Hurray, I'm getting married. Oh no, everyone will be looking at me. Hurray I'm going on a honeymoon. Oh no, I have to wear a bathing suit. Yada yada yada. But at least now I have a goal. And I'm starting very early so I can ease into a new routine. And this time it WILL become a lifestyle change.

I'm actually feeling pretty confident about Project Sexxxy and the idea of a lifestyle change. Mainly because I have a fabulous friend who has offered to be my personal trainer in return for knitting and snowboarding lessons (I'm totoally getting the better deal out of this bargain)! Michelle is a competitive cyclist, but in the past has also been a competitive runner, rower, and triathlon athlete. Truly inspiring!

Needless to say, she knows her stuff, and her motivational skills are next to none ;) She is EXACTLY what I need to get my butt in gear.

So what are we doing and what are my goals? At the moment, I'm starting off slowly. Mainly cardio and some weight training. Running, exercise tapes, hiking, biking, and snowboarding. Changing it up to keep it interesting is key! My long term goals are fairly simple - look my absolute best for the wedding and more importantly the HONEYMOON. I really want to have a nicely toned back and arms for the wedding dress, and a trim tummy and legs for the honeymoon bikini. Short term goals include running a 10k race, incorporating more fruits and veggies into my diet, and "looking good" for my brother's wedding in August 2008.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....





(I'll keep ya updated)

No comments: