Monday, June 23, 2008

I'll get you my pretty....and I'll bring you home too!

I never expected to find her so soon, or to fall so head over heels in love with her. I was dubious of other women's stories. How is it that you just know? Did you really cry when you found her?

I am a believer now.

As I watched her from across the crowded room, I knew. I tried to restrain my excitement, for fear of disappointment, but it was too late. She must be mine. She WILL be mine. She is mine.

And that is the story of how my wedding dress came to me.

That's right; after visiting 6 different wedding boutiques, and climbing in and out of, what felt like, a billion dresses, I finally found THE ONE. I never thought it would happen to me. There were tears in my eyes!

I am delirious. I am exhilarated. I am euphoric. I am a woman with a wedding dress.

I would post pictures, but my fiancé puts in an occasional appearance around here, and I haven't figured out how to hide part of the post yet, so if you're dying to see what it looks like, just leave me a message and I'll send you a pic....or ten :)

And I've left the best news for last; the dress was a sample dress! So not only did I bring it home right after I bought it, but I received an AMAZING deal on it!

I think my face might split in two from all this grinning.

I'd like to give a big shout out to all the lovely ladies in my life that helped me shop for this beauty. Mom, Jane, Liz, Sarah, Payal, and Michelle - you guys are the best!!

As an aside note, did you know that the word pulchritudinous describes something that is characterized by great physical beauty and appeal? I just found that out today.

My dress is pulchritudinous.


1 comment:

ROADIE said...

.. tears in your eyes.. that's expected.. you got tears in Payal's eyes and crazy stranger waitress... THAT is how BEEAAAUTIFUL the dress really is...

huzzah, THE DRESS IS FOUND! :)